We Will Continue to Do the Right Thing

At Allegacy Federal Credit Union, we have always believed in doing the right thing for your wellbeing. It’s what inspires us to come to work and once we’re here, it’s what motivates us towards the benefits we share with our members. This means helping you make the best financial choice for you — even if that means having accounts at other financial institutions. As a credit union, our members are our owners. So, every decision Allegacy makes, every product and service we offer, is based on what is best for our members and community.

I know you understand how unique that is. Many companies exist to serve a group unrelated to their consumers. But credit unions are different, and at Allegacy, our commitment to the people and communities we serve is reflective of the credit union philosophy of “people helping people.”

As an employer, we know that helping members be their best must start with helping our team do the same. Doing right is our guiding principle, but it’s not always a simple task. It takes a team effort to make a positive impact on members’ lives. And while Allegacy’s suite of products delivers on that, so do the relationships you build over your financial lifetime.

We believe that success occurs when we achieve our mission of helping people make smart financial choices. We believe that caring for our teammates results in caring for our members. These beliefs are not new to us. The commitment to do the right thing for your wellbeing and help you be your best is simply who we are.

About Cathy Pace

Cathy is the President & CEO of Allegacy and has nearly forty years of experience in the credit union industry.

, ,

12 Responses to We Will Continue to Do the Right Thing

1. David Roddick September 20, 2016 at 3:23 pm #

I have no doubt. Allegacy is a great Credit Union and I’m proud to be a member!

2. Esteem, A Total Transformation September 20, 2016 at 4:11 pm #

Good afternoon, I appreciate Allegacy and its employees. However, I believe when. Long standing business account shows the potential of continuous revenue an opportunity for even a small credit line to build with should be taken into consideration. Your members are more than a requirement sheet .

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team September 21, 2016 at 8:54 am #

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I’ve passed your comments on for further consideration. It’s always helpful to hear what changes our members are interested in seeing. Thank you for choosing Allegacy!

3. Jen Baldwin September 20, 2016 at 6:19 pm #

I just want you to personally hear about my awesome experience at the Mocksville branch today. We are getting ready to close on our first home (yeah) and I needed to jump through another set of FHA hoops for the underwriters. I walked in and Jean and AMY jumped into high gear to get me exactly what the lenders had asked for!!! The best move we EVER made was switching to Allegacy!

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team September 21, 2016 at 8:57 am #

Thanks so much for sharing, Jen! We love hearing stories just like yours. It’s what motivates us every day. Congratulations on your first home!

4. Barbara Szurley September 20, 2016 at 8:39 pm #

I am so honored that my husband Donald was one of the charter members back in Chicago in the early seventies. I am so glad we remained members and I am still a member after his death. Whenever and whatever I seek your help or advice I am always assisted with knowledge, courtesy & kindness – it is Always a pleasure doing business with you because …. You care to be different !

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team September 21, 2016 at 9:08 am #

Thanks so much, Barbara! We’re honored as well to have members like you and your husband standing by us from the very beginning.

5. Carolyn Waters-Logan September 21, 2016 at 9:55 am #

I have been a member with Allegacy for over 15 years and I am proud to be a member
    The staff is courtesy and very friendly and is always willing to assist you when you need help it is a pleasure doing business with Allegacy.

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team September 21, 2016 at 10:38 am #

Thank you so much, Carolyn. We appreciate your business!

• Barbara Haliburton September 21, 2016 at 2:54 pm #

I have belonged to THE Credit Union since Margaret Dull, whose desk was next to mine in Personnel, was chosen as one of the four founding members…….each selected from a different segment of the Company (RJR), and each from different status levels within the Company. Margaret was a secretary, Al Barnett was a Field Sales Rep, (and I forgot the other two). I have been thankful every day since then that this institution has been here to serve ME and meet MY needs!
        Cathy Pace is the finest CEO any company could ever have, and she is leading what I feel in my heart is as impeccable a financial institution as exists today!!