Make deposits from your mobile phone.

No time to swing by a Financial Center? Need your deposits to post right away? Try the new Mobile Check Deposit feature, now available inside the Allegacy app.

Simply take a picture of a check with your Smartphone using the Allegacy app and we’ll credit your account directly. Any time. Any place. You don’t have to stop by a Financial Center or mail us anything.

It’s as easy as 1-2-3!

1. Download the Allegacy app to your Smartphone (available for Apple and Android devices)
  2. Choose ‘Deposit Checks’ and the account you want credited
  3. Snap a picture of the front and back of your check, then ‘Submit’

Watch our quick video demo to learn more:

Not only does Mobile Check Deposit save you time and gas money, it’s a smarter way to bank all around. Your personal financial information remains secure, and you never have to worry about losing track of checks before you can get to a Financial Center.

Mobile Check Deposit is one more way Allegacy is delivering on our promise to offer you simplicity and convenience.

About The Allegacy Smart Blog Team

We are a group of Allegacy employees with the mission of moderating a platform that informs, shares and educates.

32 Responses to Make deposits from your mobile phone.

1. Jim Cooper June 11, 2013 at 10:21 am #

I just rode my bike 3 miles to deposit some checks at the Robinhood Rd branch. I came home and found this email. This would have saved me about 435 minutes. Wow this is great!

2. Laura June 11, 2013 at 10:41 am #

How long after submitting the snapshot does it take for the money to actually be deposited into the account?

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team June 12, 2013 at 7:07 am #

Hi Laura,
      Most deposits will post instantaneously, though larger amounts ($200 and above) may require additional time. Thank you for choosing Allegacy!

• RAymond Brakefield June 13, 2013 at 2:07 pm #

but how long for checks above $200. Are we talking about 1 or 2 hours? Or 1 day?

3. Robert Pulliam June 11, 2013 at 11:05 am #

Can I deposit checks against my LOC account or is it limited to checking and savings?

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team June 12, 2013 at 7:14 am #

Hi Robert,
      Mobile deposit is currently offered on deposit accounts (checking and savings) only. But I have passed your question along to our Online Services department for consideration in future upgrades. Thank you for choosing ALlegacy!

4. Marilyn Weiler June 11, 2013 at 12:58 pm #

What do we do with the check after mobile deposit?

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team June 12, 2013 at 7:16 am #

Hi Marilyn,
      We recommend holding onto it until your deposit clears. Then you may shred or keep the check for your records. Thank you for choosing Allegacy!

5. Veronica June 12, 2013 at 10:23 am #

I was hoping you would come up with something like this.
    It’s finally here.

6. Amy June 18, 2013 at 9:07 am #

My husband forgot to sign the back of a check. Can it still be deposited ‘for deposit only’? He says this is possible. If so, can i deposit it either at an ATM OR by the mobile deposit?

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team June 18, 2013 at 11:51 am #

If you deposit the check through mobile deposit, you must write on the back for MOBILE DEPOSIT ONLY. Also it must go into an account of which the payee is an owner. At an ATM, you can put For Deposit Only, but again it must go into an account which belongs to the payee.

7. Tim Y June 19, 2013 at 12:18 pm #

When will this be available for the growing number of Windows phone users?

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team June 25, 2013 at 2:09 pm #

Hi Tim. At this time there is not a date for availability on Windows phones. I have passed your request on for consideration in future upgrades. Thank you for choosing Allegacy!

• Jonathan October 27, 2013 at 1:36 pm #

Is there any word yet on a windows phone app? It would be great to have

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team October 28, 2013 at 12:40 pm #

No word yet, Jonathan. But we will be sure to notify those waiting via this blog and our social media pages. Thank you for choosing Allegacy!

8. Barbara June 19, 2013 at 12:48 pm #

Do I understand correctly that the check doesn’t have to be physically deposited as it does with web deposit?

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team June 25, 2013 at 1:58 pm #

That’s correct, Barbara. The check does not need to be physically deposited. Once the deposit has cleared, you can either shred it or save for your records.

9. laura June 20, 2013 at 7:50 pm #

Are there time limits on this? I’ve tried doing this but have been getting: web deposit not available now. Its been after 7pm each time. Is it restricted to regular banking hours?

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team June 25, 2013 at 2:10 pm #

Hi Laura. There are no time limits. Mobile Check Deposit is available 24/7. If you are still experiencing issues, please contact our Member Service department at 336.774.3400 for troubleshooting. Thank you for choosing Allegacy!

10. michael July 16, 2013 at 10:03 am #

My wife and I have recieved our state income tax refund. It is in both of our names. The allegacy checking account is only in my name. Can I still.deposit it this way?

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team July 18, 2013 at 2:44 pm #

Because the account is only in your name, you will need to visit a Financial Center so that your wife’s signature can be verified. Please feel free to call Member Services at 336.774.3400 if you have any further questions. Thank you for choosing Allegacy!

11. Crystal August 4, 2013 at 10:39 am #

I have not been able to use this service. I keep getting an error message that says ” possible error authorizing transaction. Please check transaction history” How can I get past this?

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team August 13, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

Thank you for your feedback, Crystal. This error sounds like a unique one generated by the shared branching network. It should not be consistently happening. If you still continue to experience trouble, please contact Member Services at 336.774.3400 so they can troubleshoot and assist. Thank you for choosing Allegacy!

12. randy w August 12, 2013 at 6:42 am #

My wife and I don’t like apple and do not trust google android. We plan on switching all our banking to allegacy when you get a windows phone 8 app. Do you know when this will be ready?

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team August 13, 2013 at 1:43 pm #

Thank you for your feedback, Randy. At this time there is not a date for availability on Windows phones. I have passed your request on for consideration in future upgrades. Thank you for choosing Allegacy!

• Randy August 30, 2013 at 7:07 am #

We went ahead and joined after I saw that it was being considered for future. hopefully soon thank you for forwarding the request.

13. Michelle August 31, 2013 at 4:51 pm #

I just made a deposit with the mobile deposit feature on the Allegacy app. It states that there is a $35.90 hold (withdrawal) in my account. Is there a fee for this and if not will this come off of my account once the check is cleared for deposit?

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team September 3, 2013 at 10:51 am #

Hi Michelle. There is no charge for mobile deposit. Larger deposits sometimes take additional time to clear. So the hold you are seeing represents the amount that could not be released immediately. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact Member Services at 336.774.3400 or you can review our online Funds Availability Policy. Thank you for choosing Allegacy!

14. Karen June 12, 2014 at 11:31 am #

I’ve just tried to use the mobile banking and deposit a check from my iphone. I get as far as taking a picture of the front of the check and as soon as I do, it kicks me out of the Allegacy icon. Any thoughts on the problem??

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team June 12, 2014 at 2:22 pm #

I’m sorry to hear about your inconvenience, Karen. Please try closing the app and removing any data that maybe stored in the background (by double-clicking the home button and clearing the app icon if you see it). Then, check to be sure no updates are pending from the App Store. Once you confirm you are running the latest version, please try again. If you still run into issues, please contact Member Services via Live Chat on our website or by phone at 336.774.3400. Thank you for choosing Allegacy!