Members request fulfilled: Allegacy’s new website unveiled.

Each year more and more of our members visit our website (AllegacyFCU.org).  Whether it is to check the latest rates, get more information on our products or to use our convenient online services, the numbers keep growing.

We’ve taken notice and have actively sought input on how to make your web experience even better. In fact, we responded to feedback regarding WebPay with major new upgrades that were recently announced http://www.allegacyfcu.org/webpay.

One of the six promises we’ve made to our members includes recognizing their needs and offering innovative solutions that help them make smart financial choices. So we’re happy to share with you the good news about our all-new website — which launched on April 5th. The new site addresses key features our members requested, such as user-friendly navigation, a News & Alerts section, and an easy log in window to WebBanking from the home page.  In addition,  some key loan rates now appear on the home page as well.

We think we’ve created a site that members and non-members alike will find more helpful and engaging. But we’re not done listening. We want your input and feedback regarding the new AllegacyFCU.org so that we can continue to enhance your online experience.

The new site went live April 5 and I hope you will explore the new design and how we have organized the flow of information.  We hope you enjoy this upgrade and, as always, we look forward to your continued feedback and input.

Thank you for all that you do to make Allegacy what it is today!

Best regards,

Neil

About The Allegacy Smart Blog Team

We are a group of Allegacy employees with the mission of moderating a platform that informs, shares and educates.

18 Responses to Members request fulfilled: Allegacy’s new website unveiled.

1. Carol Troutman April 15, 2011 at 2:06 pm #

Although the new design of the website is good, the response time is super slow when going from one area to another. Several times now, regardless of whether I am working from home or office, I have had to wait more than 4 minutes for the top menu bar to load so that I can logout properly.

• Neil April 15, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

Thanks Carol, please know that we are working to resolve that issue. It is something that members are seeing from time to time and not always. We should have it resolved very soon!

Thank you for the comment!

2. Brendan Gaffney April 15, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

A salite user…prefer the old site.. could navigate better… fits the image of the bank better… That said.. the finacial services and staff that Allegacy provides are 2nd to none.. best in the business

3. Julie Rowland April 15, 2011 at 2:55 pm #

I love the new format. Easier to log in. Easier to navigate the site.
    Thanks.

4. Gerald Troutman April 15, 2011 at 5:07 pm #

What’s the reason for your refusal to modify Allegacy sites to allow full access by the Chrome browser? Chrome is so much faster and more secure that I only use Firefox or IE on the rare occasion I happen upon a site that’s not compatible…like Allegacy’s. I can’t even run Allegacy in the IE Tab add-on for Chrome, and my company’s very picky VPN likes it! If it’s security, I feel safer using Chrome because it uses technologies such as Safe Browsing, sandboxing, and auto-updates to help protect against phishing and malware attacks. If it’s cost, there are lots of smaller companies who have updated their sites.

• Neil April 18, 2011 at 4:04 pm #

Hi Gerald, thanks for the email exchange today regarding your Chrome concern. I run Chrome as my default browser on both a PC and Mac… I’ve had no issues with the new website. It’s been tested in IE 7, 8, & 9, Mozilla 3 & the new version 4, as well as Chrome. Again with no known issues.

Technically the site is supported in IE 7 & 8 along with Mozilla Firefox 3.6. Yet the site works fine in all popular browsers.

I have not modified any of the Chrome default settings. It could be that an extension you have installed is causing an issue for you.

5. Wendell Kenney April 16, 2011 at 8:56 am #

I really like the look of the new website. Makes things much easier. Although when logging out, still get the confirmation popup. It would be nice if by logging out it just went back to the login screen. The logout popup get a little annoying sometimes. Just saying. Thanks.

6. Darrell Ring April 18, 2011 at 7:00 am #

I am having trouble finding the login screen. Under quick links their are none. I tried it with three different browsers with the same results. How do I log in? With this said I will take the old site which was great.

• Neil April 18, 2011 at 3:41 pm #

Hey Darrell thanks for getting back with me today regarding this comment. It brought up a good point to remind members to update any bookmarked pages linking to AllegacyFCU.org.

Also, due to the secure WebBanking login on the homepage now, the site link is https: and no longer http:.

Based on your comment here we are also going to redirect the old /home to the new url.

Thank you again!

7. Pat April 18, 2011 at 3:47 pm #

A bit premature with unveiling and asking for comments if web pay is not yet available. What else do people use regularly?

• Neil April 18, 2011 at 3:54 pm #

Hey Pat, WebPay went down this morning and will be available Wednesday morning around 9:00am if not before.

After 7 1/2 years of our previous website design, we hope members will enjoy the updated look.

8. John Truini April 24, 2011 at 9:32 am #

I don’t have a problem with the new design, just some else to get used to, but the Webpay page is very difficult to read. The fonts are gray and very small, did the web designed take into consideration that not all young people will be using this site. Not everyone has 20″ monitors, I had to acutally squint to read the page, I will not be to continually do this. I do like the convenience of staying on one page, though. Please go back to BLACK and bolder fonts.

Even this page has the gray color, black stands out so much better, but at least this is larger font.

Getting older

9. John Truini April 24, 2011 at 9:35 am #

After posting my last comment I had much easier time reading it because the font color went to black, that is so much easier to read than this gray while I am typing it.

10. Clark Golden April 27, 2011 at 1:27 pm #

New system dropped 4 payments I made. Received past due notices and could find no record in history. Never had this problem in old system

• Neil April 29, 2011 at 10:04 am #

Hi Clark… I do understand we researched this for you and Member Services reached out to you making sure everything was OK. Please let us know if we can help with anything further.

11. J. Johnson May 1, 2011 at 3:47 pm #

I do not like your new web site. I prefer the old site, it was great and much easier for me. Did you forget about the “older” generation when you changed everything? We did not grow up with computers like the younger generation. Finally, after several attempts, I found the login screen.

• The Allegacy Smart Blog Team May 2, 2011 at 2:33 pm #

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. One of the most requested items from our member focus group for our new website was to have the WebBanking Login on our homepage. Our goal was to offer our members simplicity and convenience by eliminating the extra click needed to get to the login screen.

12. John S. May 3, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

The new website is great! Very clean and so easy to navigate. I can get anywhere in just a few clicks. If you’re like me and visit Web Banking frequently, the new website has improved everything about the experience. Much appreciated!