Did you know that if you do three simple things, you can easily improve your financial wellbeing? Really! Doing these three simple things can help you get your finances under control. 10 Cents. For every dollar you earn, take 10 cents (or 10%) off the top and put it in a savings account or somewhere […]
The beginning of a new year is a great time to evaluate your financial wellbeing. If you have several monthly bills that are all due on different days of the month, a debt consolidation loan could help you simplify the monthly bill paying process by offering a single monthly payment and saving you money by […]
The holidays are a time of family togetherness and celebration and we want you to have the best holiday season ever. Scammers know you’re distracted, busy, and emotional so it’s the perfect time to strike. Knowledge is your best defense so let’s look at 5 common scams so you don’t get taken in by these […]
Between the shopping, cooking, and parties, there hardly seems to be any time to slow down and really enjoy the season. Here are some ideas to help you revel in the joy the holidays bring. Create your own family traditions. Have a special recipe, unique decoration or group activity that’s reserved for the holidays, and […]
Whether your dreams include learning a trade or graduating with a degree from a four-year college, paying for it can be overwhelming. Luckily, Allegacy offers a variety of options that can make your dreams of a college education a reality. Whether you need help paying for books or for your total tuition and fees, Allegacy […]
Credit unions have always been dedicated to People Helping People. This fall, Allegacy team and members knocked it out of the park with three special events, supporting causes near and dear to our hearts and our community. For 16 years, our team participated in and helped sponsor the Susan G. Komen Northwest N.C. Race for […]
The holiday season is upon us and with that comes gathering with friends and family. Socializing with those you don’t see very often can be a lot of fun, but cooking for a group can cause serious budget shock. Here are 5 budget-friendly ways to feed a crowd this holiday. 1.) Leggo your legumes At […]
It seems that financial reporters are speculating what the Federal Reserve might do with interest rates. One day, they say to expect an increase, then the next, no change. This back and forth has been going on for months and most consumers want to be ready for whatever happens. Helping you improve your financial wellbeing […]
Have you given your car the tender, loving care it needs to survive the ravages of winter? Following the checklist provided by Nationwide Insurance can help ensure it’s prepared to take on the cold. Antifreeze and Cooling System Before temperatures drop significantly, drain your cooling system and add new antifreeze (draining the car radiator and […]
October is National Cyber Security Month – just in time to prepare for the biggest shopping season of the year! Hackers and identity thieves are always looking for ways to steal your payment information to make fraudulent purchases. Previously, our blog explored the increasing security used in credit card EMV chip technology and the tokenization […]
Founded in Winston-Salem in 1967, Allegacy Federal Credit Union has grown to become one of the largest credit unions in North Carolina. We now boast just around a billion in assets and more than 110,000 members located throughout the world. Driven by our dedication and accountability to our members and our belief that everyone deserves to realize their vision of the good life, Allegacy continues to deliver exceptional customer service, sound financial advice and smart personal and business banking products designed with our members' best interests in mind.
- Just Starting Out: Life’s Possibilities are Limitless February 3, 2016
- 3 Common Money Mistakes College Students Can Avoid January 28, 2016
- What Can You Do to Make Sure Your Tires are Safe? January 20, 2016
- 3 Tips to Make the Most of Your Finances January 13, 2016
- Is Debt Consolidation Right for You? January 6, 2016
- Make deposits from your mobile phone. June 10, 2013
- Security enhancements coming to WebBanking. June 27, 2012
- Members request fulfilled: Allegacy’s new website unveiled. April 7, 2011
- The Changing Payment Landscape, Simplified December 10, 2014
- Introducing our new Peace Haven Financial Center! July 8, 2013
- The Allegacy Smart Blog Team: Hello Lydia. The rate is based on several factors,...
- lydia gonzalez: I would like to know what is the credit score to g...
- The Allegacy Smart Blog Team: The first $200 is released unless the deposit is m...
- Rebecca: If checks over $200 will take longer to deposit ho...
- The Allegacy Smart Blog Team: That's great news, Michael! Thank you for choosin...
Follow @Allegacy on Twitter