When you joined Allegacy, you not only became a member, you also became an owner of the Credit Union. On November 1, 2014, we will host our first Making Strides for Financial Fitness Event, a Retro Run, at Tanglewood Park in Clemmons, NC to celebrate our members and to benefit The Center for Smart Financial […]
Your home plays many roles. Besides being a place to rest your head, it’s an office, a gym and, if you have teenagers, it’s a 24-hour restaurant. Your home can help you save money, too. When you utilize the equity in your home, it becomes a smart borrowing option to help keep you financially fit […]
We all want to find ways to save money and have more in our savings accounts at the end of the month. If you’ve tried and abandoned sweeping changes to your financial habits, focus instead on the little things you can do to save without sacrifice. (And, no, you don’t have to give up your […]
Is the cost of keeping cool making you sweat during the summer months? Here are some ideas for saving on energy costs while keeping yourself and your family cool: 1. Turn up the air when you’re not at home. Sounds simple, but if you have central air, it’s not always the first thing on your […]
During summer months, many parents struggle with keeping their children entertained because they fear it requires spending an arm and a leg. There’s good news; a little search within your own city will help you find many family activities that are offered at low or no-cost: Museum Classes – Most museums offer summer workshops, art […]
We all want to show our dads that we care on Father’s Day. Many people panic and run straight for the ties. But unless your father is a necktie aficionado and you can land him the rarest of rare finds in men’s fashion, you may want to consider something else that shows how well you […]
Free checking accounts used to be standard fare among financial institutions of all sizes. Sometimes you even got a free toaster, too, just for opening an account. But these days, you have to look much harder to find a truly fee-free checking account. Last year, Bankrate surveyed 10 banks in each of the 25 largest […]
Let’s face it, we spend much of our lives on the job. In order to make the most of that time, our work should be meaningful and interesting. How do you find the best job or employer for you? 1) Determine what you want to do then acquire the skills to achieve it. This may […]
Building can seem like a daunting proposition, but Allegacy is here to help! Start with talking to an Allegacy Guru at any of our Financial Centers and then check out these 4 simple steps to help get started: 1) Plan, plan, plan – Have an idea of what you want before you talk to a […]
Anyone who has received the news, “You’re going to be a parent!” knows that’s just the beginning of the story. The next few weeks and months may be filled with a lot of thought, prayer, hope, anticipation, planning, excitement, and maybe even fear, but the expectation is most often an overjoyed meeting when your bundle […]
Founded in Winston-Salem in 1967, Allegacy Federal Credit Union has grown to become one of the largest credit unions in North Carolina. We now boast just around a billion in assets and more than 110,000 members located throughout the world. Driven by our dedication and accountability to our members and our belief that everyone deserves to realize their vision of the good life, Allegacy continues to deliver exceptional customer service, sound financial advice and smart personal and business banking products designed with our members' best interests in mind.
- Making Strides for Financial Fitness: Retro Run 2014 July 23, 2014
- It’s Your Equity, Why Not Use It? July 17, 2014
- Spend Less, Save More: 5 Easy Ways That Don’t Involve Sacrifices July 8, 2014
- Beating the Heat July 2, 2014
- Family Fun on a Shoestring June 18, 2014
- Make deposits from your mobile phone. June 10, 2013
- Security enhancements coming to WebBanking. June 27, 2012
- Members request fulfilled: Allegacy’s new website unveiled. April 7, 2011
- Introducing our new Peace Haven Financial Center! July 8, 2013
- Go from pressing ‘CREDIT’ to writing postcards. April 1, 2011
- The Allegacy Smart Blog Team: I'm sorry to hear about your inconvenience, Karen...
- Karen: I've just tried to use the mobile banking and dep...
- Ella Vincent: Great tips!!! I am glad that I came to such inform...
- The Allegacy Smart Blog Team: A Member Service Representative would be glad to h...
- Kenneth Reeves: would like to transfer money into a certificate....
Follow @Allegacy on Twitter